Thursday, October 1, 2009

Stupid People on the Line

Why do companies let incompetent people talk on the phone? I  called Sprint today to see what my pricing would be on the new Touch Pro 2 as well as if they could offer me any other discounts - and here's what happened:

1) Talked with a guy who said I could get the Touch Pro 2 for 199.99 today if I extended my contract, as well as a $70 credit on each of my lines. Really? I say... I double check, he says he's right, I agree.

2) He transfers me to the telesales department so I can buy the phone, the lady says no, he was wrong. You pay $450 and get $100 mail-in rebate in 2 months. WTF. That's totally different from what this punk kid just told me.

3) I say, ok, then I want to undo my contract renewal since you obviously have the terms all messed up. The lady says, you already agreed to the credit so we can't undo that. Bitch keeps trying to sell me the phones anyway. I say she doesn't know what she's doing and need to be transferred.

4) On hold for a million hours while I blog this....

Interim thought: FUCK YOU, Sprint. I hate you for this.

5) Wonderful Billy gets on the phone, and of course, I'm stuck with Sprint again. HOWEVER, he takes off Cathy's contract renewal, gives me an $80 credit instead of $70... and the BEST part... he lowers my plan to $110 instead of the $130 I'm currently paying... WITH an additional 10% off my bill every month.  Okay, so he was super. I'm happy-er and going to go shopping for a new phone! 


Yay, Billy.


FUCK YOU, Sprint. Not that I don't like you... but I could have gotten an Iphone at that price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment