Friday, September 25, 2009

Good at not winning

Current Song: Fireflies by Owl City on ||: repeat :||


Okay... so I've been uber unsuccessful on my couch search - which makes me believe that maybe I need to stop. I did, however, have a run-in with a real "winner" of a lady when I bought a slipcover for my awesome ghetto lazy boy off of, of course, Craigslist. I called the lady when I was about 5 minutes from her house and she said she was on her way out and this was the conversation that followed...

Me: Oh, I'm sorry. I can be there in 5 minutes.
Her: I'll just leave it on the front porch - you can leave your money.
Me: I've only got a $20
Her: Well, the truth is, we had it listed on there for $20 until yesterday and just lowered it to $15
Me: I see... *rummaging for a 5 and 10... or some dollar bills... while thinking, WTF - I saw 15, that's what I'm paying - who gives a crap about your truth????*
Her: Well. I have $2. Would you mind paying $18?
Me: Well, I wouldn't have driven across town at $18. I'll try to leave the $15. Thanks.
Her: Ok... But we'll leave the change just in case.

So... I come home, minus $20...




ONLY because I have Chinese take-out in my other hand. ^_______^
(that's an "asian smiley-con" btw)

I'm still angry because there's a piece missing from it but I have a solution for that... and because it's a secret, I won't be sharing that with you!
I also missed out on a chance on a GREAT sectional today... but eh. It'll all come in time! I know it will. ONE thing at a time... *deep breath*

Okay, time for productivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment