Thursday, September 24, 2009

More Lists

I have a million lists in my house... groceries, things I should remember, vocabulary I should learn, vocabulary I forgot I knew, to-do, to-clean, to-organize, to-do for students, to-do for quartet, to-do for church: choir and praise band... etc.

I'm sure you've got the idea.

Here's one more list:

Things I want to do... in no particular order

  1. Learn to speak Mandarin aka "Chinese"
  2. Go on American Idol
  3. Learn to speak Russian
  4. Be amazing on the piano
  5. Re-learn French
  6. Re-learn Spanish
  7. Be more organized
  8. Travel to more countries than I know of
  9. Spend one day just lounging around
  10. Go on a cruise
  11. Eat one of those GIANT lollipops I see kids buy from Disney World
  12. Go to Disney World (in Tokyo)
  13. Be able to improvise on violin like I do when I sing
  14. Be a better singer
  15. Maybe... make a small cut on an album? =) In my dreams, I know... but that's what dreams are made of!
  16. Stop making so many damn lists
  17. Read a million books
  18. Build and design my own house
  19. Design other people's homes
  20. Plan a wedding (not mine, of course)
  21. Fold 1000 paper cranes
  22. Have everything in my house, matching, the way I want it
  23. Go scuba diving
  24. Go surfing
  25. Dunno about climbing a mountain, but it would be great to be dropped off at the top just for the view
  26. Walk the Great Wall
  27. Visit the ice caps before they all melt away
  28. Learn how to sew
  29. Fix up an old car
  30. Learn how to use a saw
  31. Build things in my house... You know... like bookshelves, cabinets, desks...
  32. Not procrastinate so much... (funny and ironic how it's the last one on the list, eh?)

Okay, so that's enough of a list. I'll have a hard enough time crossing things off that list. My parents always said that if you have the money, why not just hire someone to do it for you? Well, I'm not really a fan of that philosophy. I like learning and LOVE doing things hands-on. I love to build and be all crafty like Martha - who, of course, is an icon of mine. Anyway... it makes me want to be able to build and do things. I'm so absolutely jealous of carpenters... ooh Jesus, you crafty person you.

I'm thinking of making my own headboard... since, I just have my giant bed sans headboard or footboard now. It'll be great - I'm sure. Just have to decide on a color scheme... and if I really do want to go through with it. I'm thinking more about just painting the wall - but we'll see. My penguin collection might be a bit difficult for me to take apart in order to paint the aforementioned wall. Headboard it is! Now... to sleep... Rehearsal... Lowes... and all those good things, baby.


Current Mood: Meh - could have been more productive!

Current Music: Clazziquai - Dance

PENGUIN OF THE DAY: http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/penguin_drives.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment